Karla A. ClarkAssociate Vice President
“Leadership is less about your abilities, but more about finding the right person with the abilities to do the job and letting them do it!”
Experience and Skills:
- Lead professional team of 12 discipline areas as a territorial director for 13 states in The Salvation Army Eastern Territory, covering Planned and Major Gifts, Capital Campaigns, Annual Fund, Marketing, Communications, Media Relations, Reputation Management, Corporate Relations, Branding, Websites, Social Media, and Disaster Services.
- Taught leadership class on fundraising and community relations at The Salvation Army College for Officer Training in Suffern, NY.
- Served for seven years as the Chief Operating Officer for the Empire State Division (NY) in an international social and human services agency, which included responsibility for Human Resources, Fundraising and Development, Communications, and Corporate Relations, as well as legal matters for the Division, inclusive of 48 counties of upstate New York.
- Reorganized Human Resources (HR) by merging regional office with closest local operating office. Improved HR support for entire division in the areas of recruitment and training for staff.
- Evaluated and trained professionals and mission providers in various duties, roles, policies and procedures in the entire state.
- B.A. in Organizational Management from Malone University
- Certificate in Fund Raising Management (CFRM) from the Indiana University Center on Philanthropy
- Ordained Minister
- Leadership Akron Class of 2004
- Former Rotarian
- Served on National Planned Giving Committee.
- Served on National Community Relations and Development Commission.
- Invited speaker on topics such as new Officer orientation, major gifts, networking and community relations.
See More Team Members »